BELIZE SOCIAL INVESTMENT FUND
Country: Belize Project: BNTF9: Caribbean Development Bank Grant No.: GA 61/BZE Project Id: 1509/9/E2 Contract Number: E/B9-01/19 National Competitive Bidding (NCB) Deadline: December 16, 2019
- The Government of Belize has received funding through the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) towards the cost of Eligible Sub-projects and intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments under the contract for Louisiana Government Primary School Building Construction, Orange Walk Town, Orange Walk District.
- The Social Investment Fund, a Statutory Corporation, established under the Social Investment Fund Act No. 3 of 1996 and located at Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District, hereby invites tenders from suitably qualified contractors for the construction of the following:
The contract proposes to:
Construct a two (2) storey reinforced concrete building measuring 130’-7” long by 46’-0” wide complete with five (5) classrooms, one (1) computer lab, office spaces four (4) male and female students’ bathrooms, four (4) male and female teachers’ lavatories, storage spaces, and an access ramp to accommodate users with disabilities. The structure will also be equipped with a verandah, reinforced concrete floor and roof systems, masonry block walls, galvanized aluminum louvered windows, security grilles, and timber doors. The construction of walkways along with the provision of site drainage, and site fencing will also form a part of the contract. Provisions for the installation of electrical, plumbing, water supply and wastewater systems, in accordance with the regulations of the respective authorities, will also be included.
Final (Project Site) Destination as specified in BDS: Louisiana Government Primary School, Orange Walk Town, Orange Walk District, Belize.
- Social Investment Fund now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the construction works in the aforementioned areas.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the CDB’s Guidelines for Procurement, and are open to all bidders from Eligible Member Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Social Investment Fund, #1902 Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. starting Monday, November 18, 2019: Social Investment Fund, 3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District.
- Qualification requirements include (a) The bidder shall furnish unaudited or audited financial statements of the firm for years 2016, 2017 and 2018 to confirm an average annual turnover of at least BZ$700,000.00 (b) Bidders should have general experience under contracts in the role of contractor, subcontractor, or management contractor for at least the last three (3) years prior to the application submission deadline, with activity of at least five (5) months in each year (c) Bidders should have specific experience as a contractor, management contractor, or subcontractor, in at least two (2) contracts within the last six (6) years that have been successful and substantially completed and that are similar to the proposed Works (d) a demonstrable cash flow of BZ$ 56,000.00 of which not more than $46,000.00 can be credit for materials (e) others provided in the respective Bidding Documents.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English language may be purchased by interested bidders from the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee BZ$150.00 (One Hundred Fifty Dollars) for each bidding document. The method of payment will be cash only.
- Deadline for bids is at or before 10:00am, December 16, 2019 at the address below. Bids will be opened at 10:15am, December 16, 2019 at the Social Investment Fund, 3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid Security” of BZ$10,000.00 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency or Bank Guarantee. The bid validity period is 90 days.
- A Pre-bid meeting with interested eligible bidders will be held at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 5, 2019 at Louisiana Government Primary School, Orange Walk Town, Orange Walk District to address any queries that contractors may have about the bidding documents or the scope of works. Contractors who have bought packages are urged to attend.
- The address referred to above is:
Contact: Ms. Ruby Pascascio
Senior Procurement Officer
Social Investment Fund
3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive
Belmopan Cayo District