SOCIAL INVESTMENT FUND
Project: SIF Loan II Caribbean Development Bank Loan No.: 19/SFR –OR-BZE
Project ID: 1509/5/E2 Contract Number: H/SL2-01/17 National Competitive Bidding (NCB)
Deadline: May 31, 2017
- The Government of Belize has received funding through the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) towards the cost of Eligible Sub-projects and intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments under the contract for the completion of the Sarteneja Health Center, Sarteneja Village, Corozal District.
- The Social Investment Fund, a Statutory Corporation, established under the Social Investment Fund Act No. 3 of 1996 and located at Constitution Drive, City of Belmopan, Cayo District, hereby invites tenders from suitably qualified contractors for the construction of the following: The project intends to complete the construction of a two (2) storey reinforced concrete building with a floor interior area of approximately 3,935 ft2 . The first floor of the structure will serve as a doctor’s and nurse’s living quarters, while the ground floor will serve as a health facility providing medical services to the community.The structure is equipped with a shallow reinforced concrete foundation and a reinforced concrete ground floor slab. Column and beam frames are to be constructed of reinforced concrete, while the building is to be enclosed with walls of reinforced concrete masonry units. The first-floor slab and the roof structures are to be constructed of reinforced concrete. All internal and external walls are to be painted with institutional grade paint. The restrooms floor and wall surfaces will be finished with ceramic tiles while all other interiors and exterior floors are to have a polished concrete finish as specified. The sub-project will include for the installation of interior and exterior metal doors designed with vision panels, where applicable, based on the level of clinical requirement. Louvered windows, constructed of aluminum with the painted finish, will be installed on exterior walls. Storage cabinets, as needed per space, will also be provided through this contract. Provisions for the installation of electrical, plumbing, water supply, and wastewater systems, in accordance with the regulations of the respective authorities, will be adhered to accordingly.Final (Project Site) Destination as specified in BDS: Sarteneja Village, Corozal District
- Social Investment Fund now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the construction works in the aforementioned areas.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the CDB’s Guidelines for Procurement, and are open to all bidders from Eligible Member Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Social Investment Fund, Constitution Drive and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the address starting Tuesday, May 2, 2017: Social Investment Fund, 3 Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive, City of Belmopan, Cayo District.
- Qualification requirements include (a) The bidder shall furnish unaudited or audited financial statements of the firm for years 2013, 2014 and 2015 to confirm an average annual turnover of at least BZ$500,000.00 (b) Bidders should have general experience under contracts in the role of contractor, subcontractor, or management contractor for at least the last three (3) years prior to the application submission deadline, with the activity in at least five (5) months in each year (c) Bidders should have specific experience as a contractor, management contractor, or subcontractor, in at least two (2) contracts within the last six (6) years that have been successful
and substantially completed and that are similar to the proposed Works (d) others provided in the respective Bidding Documents.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English language may be purchased by interested bidders from the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee BZ$150.00 (One Hundred Fifty Dollars) for each bidding document. The method of payment will be cash only.
- Deadline for bids is at or before 10:00 a.m. on May 31, 2017 at the address below. Bids will be opened at 10:15 a.m. on May 31, 2017 at the Belize Social Investment Fund, 3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive, City of Belmopan, Cayo District in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid Security” of BZ$ 6,800.00 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency or Bank Guarantee. The bid validity period is 90 days.
- An IMPORTANT Pre-Bid Meeting with interested eligible bidders will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at the Sarteneja Village Community Center, Corozal District to address any queries that the contractors might have about the bidding documents or the scope of works. Contractors who have bought packages are urged to attend.
- The address referred to above is:
Contact: Attention: Mrs. Therese Arzu
Social Investment Fund
3rd Floor #1902 Constitution Drive
City of Belmopan