REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
Climate Resilient Infrastructure Project (CRIP)
Loan No.: 8416-BZ
Procurement Title and No.: Rehabilitation of Vista Del Mar Junction and Miles 8.5 To 24.5 of the Philip Goldson Highway, W1A/W1B
The Government of Belize has received financing in the amount of US$30 million equivalent from the World Bank toward the cost of the Climate Resilient Infrastructure Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for works for Rehabilitation of Vista Del Mar Junction and Miles 8.5 to 24.5 of the Philip Goldson Highway to be procured under this project.
The rehabilitation works will be divided into two (2) sections as described below and will simultaneously be bid as separate lots within the same procurement package:
- Vista del Mar Junction (Mile 8.25 to Burrell Boom Junction (Mile 15.4);
- From Burrell Boom Junction (Mile 15.4) to Gardenia Village (Mile 24.5).
The total length of the highway to be rehabilitated is approximately 16 miles, inclusive of vertical and horizontal realignment, application of dual and multiple lane typical sections, roundabouts, upgrade of a bridge, drainage works, implementation of traffic and pedestrian safety measures, while incorporating mitigation measures to address identified social and environmental impacts.
This procurement will be conducted through International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits (January 2011, revised July 2014), and is open to all eligible firms as defined in the Guidelines.
Specific procurement notice is expected to be announced in December 2019 in UN Development Business online, on the World Bank’s external website, local newspapers “Amandala” and “Guardian” and the Government of Belize and BSIF web-sites.
Prequalification of contractors will not be required for the above contracts.
Interested eligible firms who would wish to be considered for the provision of the above-mentioned works, or those requiring additional information, should submit the following information at the address below:
- Procurement Title and No.;
- Firms Details:
- Contact Person Name and Title;
- Telephone Number
- Fax Number;
- Contact’s Email Address;
- Date of Establishment;
- Information on contracts for paved road rehabilitation/construction over the recent 7 years:
- Description, including construction methods, technology, etc. (in particular, type of surface dressing/pavement involved);
- Duration, including start and completion dates;
- Issuance of completion certificates;
- Contract value;
- Length of rehabilitated/constructed roads;
- Number of bridges rehabilitated/constructed;
- Names of Sub-contractors and Roles/Duties/Scope of Works
- List and quantities of own equipment;
- Cash Flow Capacity – liquid assets, access to credit facilities, etc.;
- Annual Turnover for construction works over the last seven years;
Firms are encouraged to submit the requested information by July 26, 2019. However, the information will be accepted after that date.
Non-submission of the requested information will not disqualify any firms from competing for the above contracts. Those who submit the requested information will be directly notified about the bidding procedure as soon as the Specific Procurement Notice becomes available.
The address referred to above is:
Attention: Procurement Officer
Address: 1902 Constitution Drive
Floor/ Room number: 3rd Floor
Telephone: (501) 822-2166; (501) 822-0239
Facsimile number: (501) 822-0279
Electronic mail address: email@example.com
DOWNLOAD DIGITAL COPY