Social Investment Fund
Technical Officer – Civil Engineer
The Social Investment Fund is an autonomous institution responsible for delivering basic services and infrastructure to the poor and needy, and for promoting community participation in development project utilizing non-governmental organizations, community organizations and local decentralized agencies. The Social Investment Fund would like to recruit a dynamic and committed individual for the position of Civil Engineer.
Reports To: The Civil Engineer will report to the Technical Unit Coordinator.
Direct Reports: None Job Overview:
The Civil Engineer (CE) will be stationed at the Fund’s Headquarters in Belmopan. The CE shall be supervised by the Technical Unit Coordinator. The CE shall be responsible for conducting technical, environmental, financial, and sustainability appraisals of projects. In addition, the CE shall be responsible for the monitoring of projects implemented by the Fund. Whenever necessary, the CE will be required to provide advice in their field of expertise to other technical officers at the fund.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform all duties in keeping with the procedures, guidelines, and agreements provided for by the organization.
- Participate as a member of BSIF’s Technical Unit in the organizing and supervising of community needs and assets assessments and organizational needs assessments.
- Conduct technical, environmental, economic, financial, and sustainability assessments of project proposals.
- Participate as a member of BSIF’s Technical Unit in the development of projects, which shall be presented to the BSIF Board of Directors and funding agency(ies) for approval.
- Develop infrastructure plans, specifications, bills of quantities, and cost estimates for various social and economic infrastructure projects.
- In instances where design and supervision consultants are engaged by the BSIF, the officer shall review and provide detailed commentary on the quality of outputs provided by the consultants.
- Conduct the technical evaluation of bids for the execution of works and the supply of goods.
- Conduct the evaluation of expressions of interest submitted by consultants, followed by the technical and financial evaluation of proposals submitted for the provision of consultancy services.
- Monitor and supervise the activities of contractors and goods suppliers to ensure that services rendered are in accordance with the terms and conditions of their respective contracts.
- Monitor and supervise the activities undertaken by consultants to ensure that services rendered to the BSIF are in accordance with the terms and conditions of their respective contracts.
- Verify payment certificates submitted by consultants and prepare in-house payment certificates, which shall be used to substantiate the approval of payments.
- Participate in the coordination and supervision of work undertaken by community members as a part of their community contribution.
- Participate in the coordination and supervision of training activities for various stakeholders.
- Prepare infrastructure design changes and budget changes that may arise during the execution of project activities.
- Liaise with various counterparts to ensure the efficient execution of project activities.
- Assume responsibility for the Fund’s Assets assigned to the officer for the execution of duties.
- Report to the Technical Unit Coordinator on the progress of project activities under execution.
- Any other duties required for the effective functioning of the BSIF.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- A corporate member with the Association of Professional Engineers of Belize (APEB)
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience designing, reviewing designs, and supervising construction works as it relates to water supply projects.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Proficient with computer aided drafting tools.
- Good command of the English language Highly proficient in technical writing.
- Comfortable with emails, text messages, reprographic equipment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude to get along with a high-performance team.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Duration of Assignment: One (1) year with the potential for extension for a longer duration.
Closing Date for Applications: March 18, 2022 at 3:00 p.m.
Applications should be addressed to:
Senior Procurement Officer
Social Investment Fund
3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive
Belmopan, Cayo District
Tel: 822-0239/822-0508 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com