SOCIAL INVESTMENT FUND (SIF)
The Social Investment Fund (SIF) is an autonomous institution responsible for delivering basic services and infrastructure to the poor and most vulnerable, and for promoting community participation in development projects utilizing non-government organizations, community organizations and local decentralized agencies. The SIF would like to recruit an individual who is dynamic and committed to fill the following post:
SUPERVISOR: CHAIRPERSON OF THE BOARD
SUPERVISES: MANAGERS OF ALL UNITS WITHIN THE FUND
The Executive Director will be responsible for the effective management of the Social Investment Fund’s programmes and projects. Through the Chairperson, the Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors on the day-to-day operations of the Fund. The Executive Director will be responsible for establishing and maintaining contact with relevant government ministries, national and international NGOs, donors, and other collaborating agencies.
- Masters’ Degree in Business Administration, Management or a related field and minimum of five (5) years’ experience in project management; OR Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management or a related field and minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in project management.
- Experience working with at least two (2) rural development programs or projects funded by international development organizations.
- Experience working with at least two (2) international development organizations.
- Day to day administration of the Social Investment Fund (SIF) in accordance with the objectives and provisions of the SIF ACT and as so directed by the Board of Directors, in accordance with the said
- Ensuring that all the Fund’s staff, projects, and activities are always in compliance with the policies and guidelines established by the
- Proposing for consideration and approval by the Board, policies regulations and procedures concerning the programme, projects, and activities of the
- Submitting, on a timely and regular basis, narrative and financial reports to the Board which will detail all the current and planned activities of the
- Representing the Fund, nationally and internationally, to government, NGOs, donor, and other
- Establishing and maintaining contact with government ministries, external agencies, local authorities, community, and business
- Directing the planning, implementation, monitoring and internal evaluation of the programme, projects, and activities of the
- Coordinating the activities of all the Fund’s unit, including the provision of technical assistance and staff
- Oversee the financial activities of the Fund including fund raising, budget planning and management.
- Proposing to the Board, expenditures, or investments outside the approved budget for its approval.
- Assume responsibility for the fund’s assets assigned to him/her for the execution of his/her
- Any other related duties that may be delegated by the
PROPOSED SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: August 30, 2021, at 3:00p.m.
APPLICATIONS ADDRESSED TO:
Belize Social Investment Fund
#1902 Constitution Drive
Tel. (501) 822-0239; Fax (501) 822-0279
Applications should be clearly labelled: Application for the Post of Executive Director – Social Investment Fund