SOCIAL INVESTMENT FUND
The Belize Social Investment Fund (BSIF) is a quasi-governmental body that was established by the Government of Belize (GOB) in 1996 with the passage of the Social Investment Fund Act. The BSIF is designed to contribute to the reduction of poverty in both urban and rural areas through the delivery of small-scale community sub-projects. The entity assists poor local communities in identifying their problems and in deciding which interventions they need as solutions. The fund has implemented numerous sub-projects under various sectors including water and sanitation, health, economic infrastructure, education, social services and organizational strengthening.
BSIF is seeking to recruit an individual to fill the position of Administrative Assistant.
- The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for receptionist duties, welcoming of persons to the BSIF Office and updating and safekeeping of all documentation relating to sub-projects that are implemented by BSIF.
Qualifications & Experience:
- QUALIFICATION: An Associate Degree in the Arts, Business Studies or related field.
- PREFERED EXPERIENCE:
At least four years’ experience in the required field
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Good command of the English language o Good written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in keyboarding, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, and MS Publisher. Excellent telephone skills and customer service skills a must. Comfortable with emails, text messages, reprographic equipment. Excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude to get along with a high performance team
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure efficient and professional operation of office; exercise discretion and diplomacy at all times.
- Perform general administrative functions, i.e. make phone calls, screen incoming calls, photocopy/scan documents, maintain and update files, maintain file log, review and prioritize internal/external mail as requested. Assisting the Office Assistants to ensure that correspondences are delivered and retrieved on a timely basis.
- Facilitate BSIF staff with travel arrangements as per schedule. o Assist in planning and organizing Human Resources (HR) events and activities. o Assist with presentations and presentation materials for the Office Manager or Executive Director.
- Recording and tracking of leave of absence for staff and Social Security sick benefit.
- Other administrative duties as indicated by the Office Manager for the effective functioning of the BSIF and as indicated by the supervisor.
Supervisor: Office Manager, Social Investment Fund
Proposed Salary: Negotiable based on qualification and experience. The successful candidate will be employed on a full time contractual basis and stationed at BSIF’s Office in Belmopan. The initial contract period shall be two (2) years, extendable by mutual agreement in accordance with prevailing Belize legislation as well as results of his/her performance appraisal.
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications: Monday, March 29th, 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
Kindly submit One (1) original and two (2) hard copies of CV, complete with cover letter, copies of degree/certificates to:
Belize Social Investment Fund
Belize, Central America
Re: Administrative Assistant