BELIZE SOCIAL INVESTMENT FUND
Country: Belize Project: CARICOM Development Fund Grant No: BZE/G00011 Project ID: CDF/00011/WS3 Contract Number: W/CDF-06/2022 National Competitive Bidding (NCB) Deadline: September 19th, 2022
- The Government of Belize has received funding through the CARICOM Development Fund (CDF) towards implementation of a project that focuses on improving water supply systems in four (4) communities and intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments under the contract for Installation of Water Meters for the Georgeville Water Supply System, Georgeville Village, Cayo District, Belize.
- The Social Investment Fund, a Statutory Corporation, established under the Social Investment Fund Act No. 3 of 1996 and located at Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District, hereby invites tenders from suitably qualified contractors for the construction of the following:
The contract proposes to:
The contract proposes the upgrading of the rudimentary water supply system throughout the installation of 275 water measuring and control devices in Georgeville Village, Cayo District, Belize.
- Final (Project Site) Destination as specified in BDS: Georgeville Village, Cayo District, Belize.
- BelizeSocial Investment Fund now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the construction works in the aforementioned areas.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the CARICOM Development Fund’s Guidelines for Procurement (May 2010), and are open to all countries of the world are eligible to tender for this contract.
- Qualification requirements include (a) The bidder shall furnish unaudited or audited financial statements (balance sheets with corresponding notes, income statement, and statements of cash flow) of the firm for years 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 to demonstrate the current soundness of the bidder’s financial position (b) Bidders should have general experience under contracts in the role of contractor, JV member, subcontractor, or management contractor for the years 2019, 2020 and 2021 with activity of at least five (5) months in each year starting 1st January, 2019 (c) Bidders should have specific experience as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor, or subcontractor, between 1st January 2011 and the bid submission deadline and should have less than or equal to three (3) contracts, each of a minimum value of BZ$15,600.00, but with a total value of all contracts equal or more than BZ$46,800.00 (d) demonstrate cash flow requirement: capacity to have a cash flow amount of BZ$5,850.00 of which not more than BZ$2,925.00 can be credit for materials (e) an average annual turnover of BZ$140,400.00 which shall be calculated as total certified payments received for contracts completed within the best two (2) years of the years 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 (e) other provided in the respective Bid Documents.
- A secured “sample” electronic Bid document can be shared with interested Bidders at the address below, starting August 22nd, 2022, on week days between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. for viewing purpose only (has a time restriction for viewing). A complete set of Bidding documents (electronic version) can be purchased by interested bidder upon payment of a non-refundable fee of BZ$150.00. Requests may be made by personal application or in writing to the address below.
Written applications must be clearly marked: “Installation of Water Meters for the Georgeville Water Supply System, Georgeville Village, Cayo District, Belize”. The method of payment will be by cash deposited to, or Bank transfer to BSIF’s Bank Account only. Banking details can be requested at the address below. Cash payment will not be accepted at the BSIF Office.
- Deadline for bids is at or before 10:00 a.m., September 19th, 2022 at the address below. Bids will be opened at 10:30 a.m., September 19th, 2022 at the Social Investment Fund, 3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to participate. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid Security” of BZ$500.00 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency or Bank Guarantee. The bid validity period is 90 days.
- A Pre-bid meeting with interested eligible bidders will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 7th, 2022 at Georgeville Village, Cayo District, Belize. Bidders can participate in the meeting to address any queries about the bidding document or the scope of works. Persons who purchase packages are urged to attend.
- The address referred to above is:
Contact: Ms. Ruby Pascascio
Senior Procurement Officer
Social Investment Fund
3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive
Belmopan Cayo District
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org