BELIZE SOCIAL INVESTMENT FUND
Country: Belize Project: BNTF 9: Caribbean Development Grant – GA61/BZE Project ID: 1509/ 9/E6 Contract Number: E/B9-05/-2020 National Competitive Bidding (NCB) Deadline: November 16, 2020
- The Government of Belize has received funding through the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) towards the cost of Eligible Sub-projects and intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments under the contract for Santa Marta Government Preschool Building Construction, Santa Marta Village, Orange Walk District, Belize.
- The Social Investment Fund, a Statutory Corporation, established under the Social Investment Fund Act No. 3 of 1996 and located at Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District, hereby invites tenders from suitably qualified contractors for the construction of the following:
The contract proposes to:
The contract proposes to construct a new preschool building measuring 49′-6″ long by 43′-8″ wide complete with an open classroom area, preschool students’ bathroom facilities, teachers’ lavatory facilities, storage space, kitchenette, and an access ramp to accommodate users with diverse abilities. The structure will also be equipped with a verandah, cold formed channel steel truss roof system, ceramic non-slip tiled reinforced concrete floor, reinforced masonry block walls, galvanized aluminum louvered windows, security grilles, and aluminum flush type doors. Works will also include for the construction of a chain link perimeter fence, construction of walkways, and for the provision of site drainage. Provisions for the installation of electrical, plumbing, water supply and waste water systems, in accordance with the regulations of the respective authorities, will be included in the contract.
- Final (Project Site) Destination as specified in BDS: Santa Marta Village, Orange Walk District, Belize.
- The Social Investment Fund now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the construction works in the aforementioned areas.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the CDB’s Guidelines for Procurement (January 2006), and are open to all bidders who are legally incorporated or otherwise organized in, and have their principal place of business in an eligible country. Eligible countries are member countries of CDB.
- Qualification requirements include (a) The bidder shall furnish unaudited or audited financial statements of the firm for years 2017, 2018 and 2019 to confirm an average annual turnover of at least BZ$ 300,000.00 (b) Bidders should have General Experience under contracts in the role of contractor, JV member, subcontractor, or management contractor for the years 2017, 2018 and
2019 with activity of at least five (5) months in each year starting 1st January, 2017. (c) Bidders should have Specific Experience with a minimum of similar contracts specified that have been satisfactorily and substantially completed as a prime contractor, as a joint venture member, management contractor, or subcontractor, between 1st January 2010 and the bid submission deadline and should have less than or equal to four (4) contracts, each of a minimum value of BZ$100,000.00, but with a total value of all contracts equal or more that BZ$400,000.00. (d) demonstrate cash flow (including access to credit) of BZ $40,000.00 of which not more than BZ$ 10,000.00 can be materials (e) other provided in the respective Bid Documents.
- A secured “sample” electronic Bid document can be shared with interested Bidder at the address below, starting October 13, 2020, on week days between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. for viewing purpose only (has a time restriction for viewing). A complete set of electronic Bidding documents can be purchased by interested bidders upon payment of a non- refundable fee of BZD $150.00. Requests may be made by writing to the address below. Written applications must be clearly marked: “Tender for Santa Marta Government Preschool Building Construction, Santa Marta Village, Orange Walk District, Belize”. The method of payment will be by cash deposited to, or Bank transfer to the Social Investment Fund’s bank account only. A request for the Social Investment Fund’s banking details can be made at the address below. The Social Investment Fund is not accepting cash payment at this time.
- Deadline for the submission of bids is at or before 10:00 a.m. Monday, November 16, 2020 at the address below. Bids will be opened virtually at 10:00 a.m., Wednesday, November 18, 2020 at the Social Investment Fund, 3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to participate. The link to access the virtual bid opening is as follows: https://meet.google.com/mwc–zwmh–hxk. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid Security” of BZ$ 3,200.00.00 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency or Bank Guarantee. The bid validity period is 90 days.
- A Virtual Pre-bid meeting with interested eligible bidders will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, November 4, 2020. The link to access the virtual Pre-bid meeting is as follows: https://meet.google.com/mwc–zwmh–hxk. Bidders can participate in the meeting; whereby, queries will be addressed. Bidders are urged to attend.
- The address referred to above is:
Contact: Mrs. Therese Arzu
Social Investment Fund
3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive
Belmopan Cayo District
E-mail: email@example.com, cc: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com