BELIZE SOCIAL INVESTMENT FUND
Country: Belize Project: Caribbean Development Bank Loan No: 25/SFR-OR-BZE Project ID: 1509/8/WS1 Contract Number: W/SL3-03/2020 National Competitive Bidding (NCB) Deadline: December 7, 2020
- The Government of Belize has received funding through the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) towards the cost of Eligible Sub-projects and intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments under the contract for Libertad Village and Concepcion Village Joint Water Supply System Rehabilitation, Libertad Village and Concepcion Village, Corozal District, Belize.
- The Social Investment Fund, a Statutory Corporation, established under the Social Investment Fund Act No. 3 of 1996 and located at Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District, hereby invites tenders from suitably qualified contractors for the construction of the following:
The contract proposes to:
The contract includes for the supply and installation of all requisite materials, equipment, and relevant appurtenances for approximately 44,000 feet of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) transmission and distribution lines; installation of approximately 800 service connections; construction of pumping facilities; and the installation of all requisite electrical works. Works will also include for the rehabilitation of an existing chain link perimeter fence, which will cordon the pumping facilities.
- Final (Project Site) Destination as specified in BDS: Libertad Village and Concepcion Village, Corozal District, Belize
- Social Investment Fund now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the construction works in the aforementioned areas.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the
CDB’s Guidelines for Procurement (January 2006), and are open to all countries eligible for procurement under European Investment Bank funded projects which includes CDB member countries.
- Qualification requirements include (a) The bidder shall furnish unaudited or audited financial statements of the firm for years 2017, 2018 and 2019 to confirm an average annual turnover of at least BZ$ 1,000,000.00 (b) Bidders should have general experience under contracts in the role of contractor, JV member, subcontractor, or management contractor for the years 2017, 2018 and 2019 with activity of at least five (5) months in each year starting 1st January, 2017 (c) Bidders should have specific experience as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor, or subcontractor, between 1st January 2010 and the bid submission deadline and should have less than or equal to four (4) contracts, each of a minimum value of BZ$250,000.00, but with a total value of all contracts equal or more than BZ$1,000,000.00 (d) demonstrate cash flow (including access to credit) of BZ $500,000.00 of which not more than BZ$400,000.00 can be materials (e) other provided in the respective Bid Documents.
- A secured “sample” electronic Bid document can be shared with interested Bidders at the address below, starting November 9, 2020, on week days between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. for viewing purpose only (has a time restriction for viewing). A complete set of Bidding documents (hard-copy or electronic version) can be purchased by interested bidder upon payment of a non-refundable fee of BZ $150.00. Requests may be made by personal application or in writing to the address below. Written applications must be clearly marked: “Tender for Libertad Village and Concepcion Village Joint Water Supply System Rehabilitation, Libertad Village and Concepcion Village, Corozal District, Belize”. The method of payment will be by cash deposited to, or Bank transfer to BSIF’s Bank Account only. Please request for the banking details at the address below. We are not accepting cash payment at the BSIF Office.
- Deadline for bids is at or before 10:00 a.m., December 7, 2020 at the address below. Bids will be opened virtually at 10:00 a.m., December 9, 2020 at the Social Investment Fund, 3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to participate. The link is https://bit.ly/31ACuQU . Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid Security” of BZ$ 14,000.00 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency or Bank Guarantee. The bid validity period is 90 days.
- A Virtual Pre-bid meeting with interested eligible bidders will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 24, 2020. The link is https://bit.ly/31ACuQU. Bidders can participate in the meeting that will be held at Belize Social Investment Fund Conference Room, Belmopan, Cayo District, Belize to address any queries about the bidding document or the scope of works. Contractors who buy packages are urged to attend.
- The address referred to above is:
Contact: Ms. Ruby Pascascio
Senior Procurement Officer
Social Investment Fund
3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive
Belmopan Cayo District
E-mail: email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com