BELIZE SOCIAL INVESTMENT FUND
Country: Belize Project: Caribbean Development Bank Grant No: GA 61/BZE Project ID: 1509/9/WS2 Contract Number: W/B9-01/2021 National Competitive Bidding (NCB) Deadline: September 24, 2021
- The Government of Belize has received funding through the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) towards the cost of Eligible Sub-projects and intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments under the contract for Design, Supply, Installation of a Solar Grid-tie Electrical System for the Crique Jute Village Water Supply System, Toledo District, Belize.
- The Social Investment Fund, a Statutory Corporation, established under the Social Investment Fund Act No. 3 of 1996 and located at Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District, hereby invites tenders from suitably qualified contractors for the construction of the following:
The contract proposes to:
The contractor shall undertake the design, supply, and installation services for a solar grid-tie electrical system for the Crique Jute Village water supply system, Toledo District.
The system is desired to be connected to the main electrical grid, along with being able to produce an estimated output of 100kWh per day to provide electricity for the water supply system, which has a total electrical demand load of approximately 22.3kVA. Important to note is that the system shall be equipped with zero grid export devices so as to not feed power back into the national electrical grid.
The contractor shall be responsible for the following:
- provision of all electrical designs for solar powered components;
- provision of all civil designs for the installation of solar panels and ancillary components;
- procurement and installation of all requisite plant/ equipment in accordance with the agreed-upon designs;
- provision of all materials and the like to undertake the commissioning of the system;
Reference shall be made to the proposed electrical design for the water supply system, which shall aid in development of the solar grid-tie electrical system, as detailed in the Drawings section of the bidding document.
- Final (Project Site) Destination as specified in BDS: Crique Jute Village, Toledo District, Belize
- Social Investment Fund now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the construction works in the aforementioned areas.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the
CDB’s Guidelines for Procurement (January 2006), and are open to all countries eligible for procurement under European Investment Bank funded projects which includes CDB member countries.
- Qualification requirements include (a) The bidder shall furnish unaudited or audited financial statements (balance sheets with corresponding notes, income statement, and statements of cash flow) of the firm for years 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 to demonstrate the current soundness of the bidder’s financial position (b) Bidders should have general experience under contracts in the role of contractor, JV member, subcontractor, or management contractor for the years 2017, 2018 and 2019 with activity of at least three (3) months in each year starting 1st January, 2017 (c) Bidders should have specific experience as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor, or subcontractor, between 1st January 2010 and the bid submission deadline and should have less than or equal to four (4) contracts, each of a minimum value of BZ$50,000.00, but with a total value of all contracts equal or more than BZ$200,000.00 (d) demonstrate cash flow requirement: capacity to have a cash flow amount of BZ$30,000.00 of which 50% must be in liquid cash from a financial institution, and the overall cash flow requirement for this contract and the bidders concurrent commitments (e) an average annual turnover of BZ$250,000.00 (e) other provided in the respective Bid Documents.
- A secured “sample” electronic Bid document can be shared with interested Bidders at the address below, starting August 23, 2021, on week days between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. for viewing purpose only (has a time restriction for viewing). A complete set of Bidding documents (hard-copy or electronic version) can be purchased by interested bidder upon payment of a non-refundable fee of BZ$150.00. Requests may be made by personal application or in writing to the address below. Written applications must be clearly marked: “Tender for Design, Supply, and Installation of a Solar Grid-Tie Electrical System for the Crique Jute Village Water Supply System, Toledo District, Belize”. The method of payment will be by cash deposited to, or Bank transfer to BSIF’s Bank Account only. Banking details can be requested at the address below. Cash payment will not be accepted at the BSIF Office.
- Deadline for bids is at or before 10:00 a.m., September 24, 2021 at the address below. Bids will be opened virtually at 10:15 a.m., September 24, 2021 at the Social Investment Fund, 3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to participate. The link is https://bit.ly/31ACuQU . Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid Security” of BZ$ 1,500.00 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency or Bank Guarantee. The bid validity period is 90 days.
- A Virtual Pre-bid meeting with interested eligible bidders will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, September 3rd, 2021. The link is https://bit.ly/31ACuQU. Bidders can participate in the meeting to address any queries about the bidding document or the scope of works. Persons who purchase packages are urged to attend.
- The address referred to above is:
Contact: Ms. Ruby Pascascio
Senior Procurement Officer
Social Investment Fund
3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive
Belmopan Cayo District
Tel: 822-0239/822-0508 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org