BELIZE SOCIAL INVESTMENT FUND
Country: Belize Project: Caribbean Development Bank Loan No: 25/SFR-OR-BZE Project ID: 1509/8/E1 Contract Number: E/SL3-02/2021 National Competitive Bidding (NCB) Deadline: October 15, 2021
- The Government of Belize has received funding through the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) towards the cost of Eligible Sub-projects and intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments under the contract for Completion of the Corazon Creek Technical High School Building, Corazon Creek Village, Toledo District, Belize.
- The Social Investment Fund, a Statutory Corporation, established under the Social Investment Fund Act No. 3 of 1996 and located at Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District, hereby invites tenders from suitably qualified contractors for the construction of the following:
The contract proposes to:
The contract proposes to complete the construction of an incomplete single storey reinforced concrete structure measuring 164’-11” long by 42’-2” wide complete with a proposed four (4) classrooms, office spaces, two (2) male and female students’ bathrooms, two (2) male and female teachers’ lavatories, storage spaces, and an access ramp to accommodate users with disabilities.
Works shall include but not be limited to the following activities: construction of a reinforced concrete floor slab; construction of masonry walls; construction of reinforced concrete columns and beams; construction of a reinforced concrete roof; application of concrete rendering; construction of ceilings; installation of windows and doors; installation of electrical, plumbing, water supply and wastewater systems; application of surface finishes; and the undertaking of landscaping activities. Adherence to the contract’s environmental and safety protocols during construction is of paramount importance.
- Final (Project Site) Destination as specified in BDS: Corazon Creek Village, Toledo District, Belize
- Social Investment Fund now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the construction works in the aforementioned areas.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the
CDB’s Guidelines for Procurement (January 2006), and are open to all countries eligible for procurement under European Investment Bank funded projects which includes CDB member countries.
- Qualification requirements include (a) The bidder shall furnish unaudited or audited financial statements (balance sheets with corresponding notes, income statement, and statements of cash flow) of the firm for years 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 to demonstrate the current soundness of the bidder’s financial position (b) Bidders should have general experience under contracts in the role of contractor, JV member, subcontractor, or management contractor for the years 2017, 2018 and 2019 with activity of at least five (5) months in each year starting 1st January, 2017 (c) Bidders should have specific experience as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor, or subcontractor, between 1st January 2010 and the bid submission deadline and should have less than or equal to four (4) contracts, each of a minimum value of BZ$200,000.00, but with a total value of all contracts equal or more than BZ$800,000.00 (d) demonstrate cash flow requirement: capacity to have a cash flow amount of BZ$150,000.00 of which not more than BZ$75,000.00 can be credit for materials (e) an average annual turnover of BZ$800,000.00 (e) other provided in the respective Bid Documents.
- A secured “sample” electronic Bid document can be shared with interested Bidders at the address below, starting August 23, 2021, on week days between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. for viewing purpose only (has a time restriction for viewing). A complete set of Bidding documents (hard-copy or electronic version) can be purchased by interested bidder upon payment of a non-refundable fee of BZ$150.00. Requests may be made by personal application or in writing to the address below. Written applications must be clearly marked: “Completion of the Corazon Creek Technical High School Building, Corazon Creek Village,
Toledo District, Belize”. The method of payment will be by cash deposited to, or Bank transfer to BSIF’s Bank Account only. Banking details can be requested at the address below. Cash payment will not be accepted at the BSIF Office.
- Deadline for bids is at or before 10:00 a.m., October 15, 2021 at the address below. Bids will be opened virtually at 10:15 a.m., October 15, 2021 at the Social Investment Fund, 3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to participate. The link is https://bit.ly/31ACuQU . Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid Security” of BZ$ 8,000.00 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency or Bank Guarantee. The bid validity period is 90 days.
- A Virtual Pre-bid meeting with interested eligible bidders will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 2nd, 2021. The link is https://bit.ly/31ACuQU. Bidders can participate in the meeting to address any queries about the bidding document or the scope of works. Persons who purchase packages are urged to attend.
- The address referred to above is:
Contact: Ms. Ruby Pascascio
Senior Procurement Officer
Social Investment Fund
3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive
Belmopan Cayo District
E-mail: email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com