BELIZE SOCIAL INVESTMENT FUND
Country: Belize Project: Caribbean Development Bank Loan No: 25/SFR-OR-BZE Project ID: 1509/8/H3 Contract Number: H/SL3-03/2020 National Competitive Bidding (NCB) Deadline: November 30, 2020
- The Government of Belize has received funding through the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) towards the cost of Eligible Sub-projects and intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments under the contract for Caye Caulker Health Center Construction, Caye Caulker Village, Belize District, Belize.
- The Social Investment Fund, a Statutory Corporation, established under the Social Investment Fund Act No. 3 of 1996 and located at Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District, hereby invites tenders from suitably qualified contractors for the construction of the following:
The contract proposes to:
The project intends to complete the construction of a two (2) storey reinforced concrete building with a floor interior area of approximately 5,000 ft2. The first floor of the structure will serve as apartments for the facility’s staff; whereas, the ground floor will serve as a health facility providing medical services to the community.
The structure is equipped with a reinforced concrete deep foundation and a reinforced concrete ground floor slab. Column and beam frames are to be constructed of reinforced concrete, while the building is to be enclosed with walls of reinforced concrete masonry units. The first-floor slab and the roof structures are to be constructed of reinforced concrete. All internal and external walls are to be painted with institutional grade paint. The restrooms floor and wall surfaces will be finished with ceramic tiles while all other interior and exterior floors are to have a concrete finish as specified. The contract will include for the installation of interior and exterior timber doors. Louvered windows, constructed of aluminum with painted finish, will be installed on exterior walls. Storage cabinets, as needed per space, will also be provided through this contract. Provisions for the installation of electrical, plumbing, water supply and waste water systems, in accordance with the regulations of the respective authorities, will be adhered to accordingly.
- Final (Project Site) Destination as specified in BDS: Caye Caulker Village, Belize District
- Social Investment Fund now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the construction works in the aforementioned areas.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the CDB’s Guidelines for Procurement (January 2006), and are open to all bidders countries eligible for procurement under European Investment Bank funded projects which includes CDB member countries.
- Qualification requirements include (a) The bidder shall furnish unaudited or audited financial statements of the firm for years 2017, 2018 and 2019 to confirm an average annual turnover of at least BZ$ 1,000,000.00 (b) Bidders should have general experience under contracts in the role of contractor, JV member, subcontractor, or management contractor for the years 2017, 2018 and 2019 with activity of at least five (5) months in each year starting 1st January, 2017 (c) Bidders should have specific experience as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor, or subcontractor, between 1st January 2010 and the bid submission deadline and should have less than or equal to four (4) contracts, each of a minimum value of BZ$375,000.00, but with a total value of all contracts equal or more than BZ$1,500,000.00 (d) demonstrate cash flow (including access to credit) of BZ $100,000.00 of which not more than BZ$20,000.00 can be materials (e) other provided in the respective Bid Documents.
- A secured “sample” electronic Bid document can be shared with interested Bidder at the address below, starting November 2, 2020, on week days between 8:00 a.m and 4:00 p.m. for viewing purpose only (has a time restriction for viewing). A complete set of Bidding documents (hard-copy or electronic version) can be purchased by interested bidder upon payment of a non-refundable fee of BZ $150.00. Requests may be made by personal application or in writing to the address below. Written applications must be clearly marked: “Tender for Caye Caulker Health Center Construction, Caye Caulker Village, Belize District, Belize”. The method of payment will be by cash deposited to, or Bank transfer to BSIF’s Bank Account only. Please request for the banking details at the address below. We are not accepting cash payment at the BSIF Office.
- Deadline for bids is at or before 10:00 a.m., November 30, 2020 at the address below. Bids will be opened virtually at 10:00 a.m., December 2, 2020 at the Social Investment Fund, 3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to participate. The link is https://bit.ly/31ACuQU . Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid Security” of BZ$ 14,000.00 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency or Bank Guarantee. The bid validity period is 90 days.
- A Virtual Pre-bid meeting with interested eligible bidders will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 17, 2020. The link is https://bit.ly/31ACuQU. Bidders can participate in the meeting that will be held at Belize Social Investment Fund Conference Room, Belmopan, Cayo District, Belize to address any queries that contractors may have about the bidding documents or the scope of works. Contractors who buy packages are urged to attend.
- The address referred to above is:
Contact: Ms. Ruby Pascacio
Senior Procurement Officer
Social Investment Fund
3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive
Belmopan Cayo District
E-mail: email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com