Belize Social Investment Fund
CARICOM Development Fund
STATEMENT OF CAPABILITY
CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO PROVIDE ELECTRICAL DESIGNS FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS FOR FOUR (4) COMMUNITY WATER SUPPLY SYSTEMS, BELIZE
The Government of Belize (GoB) has received financing from the CARICOM Development Fund (CDF) to implement a project that focuses on improving water supply systems in four communities. The project comprises small-scale infrastructure works and capacity building for key stakeholders. The GoB has appointed the Belize Social Investment Fund (BSIF) as the Implementing Agency (IA) for the project and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this financing towards eligible payments under a contract to provide consultancy services to prepare electrical designs, specifications, bills of quantities, and estimates of works which shall be utilized to solicit bids to improve the electrical supply each water supply system. Consultants will be required to work in close collaboration with BSIF staff and will interface with community personnel.
BSIF is now seeking the services of a Consultant to inspect the existing electrical infrastructure, review available data as it relates to the electrical equipment utilized for the water supply systems, and develop detailed electrical designs, in accordance with the National Electrical Code (minimum NEC 2008 standards), that shall be utilized to improve the electrical systems for each of the following water supply systems:
- Chunox Water Supply System, Chunox Village, Corozal District
- Georgeville Water Supply System, Georgeville, Cayo District
- Mahogany Heights Water Supply System, Mahogany Heights, Belize District
- San Antonio Water Supply System, San Antonio, Toledo District
The critical minimum requirements for the position are listed below; however, Applicants are encouraged to review the detailed Terms of Reference:
- The Consultant shall possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- The Consultant shall be a corporate member of the Association of Professional Engineers of Belize (APEB) and shall possess a Belize Wireman License (minimum of Electrical Technician).
- The Consultant shall have at least ten (10) years of experience in designing electrical systems for industrial/ commercial projects.
- The Consultant shall be shall be fluent in speaking and writing English. Fluency in Spanish will be considered.
The services for this assignment will be for a period of six (6) weeks.
BSIF now invites Applicants interested in undertaking the assignment to submit Statements of Capability (SoC), which shall confirm that the Applicant is available to perform the tasks outlined in the Terms of Reference and shall document that the Applicant has the requisite qualifications and experience to perform the task. An SoC shall be accompanied with a detailed resume of the Applicant along with remuneration rates (gross per working day), and the salary history for the last three (3) years. Applicants are asked to provide copies of degrees, certificates, etc. In submitting an SoC, Applicants shall be aware that assessments will be based on the following criteria:
- The Applicant possesses a minimum of bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field with APEB corporate membership and possession of a Belize Wireman License (minimum of Electrical Technician) [MAX POINTS = 40 POINTS];
- The Applicant possesses a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in designing electrical systems for industrial/ commercial projects [MAX POINTS = 55 POINTS];
- The Applicant is fluent in speaking and writing in English. Fluency in Spanish shall be considered [MAX POINTS = 5 PONTS].
The successful Applicant shall be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in BSIF’s standard procurement guidelines.
To view the Terms of Reference, kindly request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com.
One (1) original and four (4) hard copies of the SoC shall be delivered to the below address no later than 3:00 p.m. on September 6, 2021:
Ms. Nellie Trench
Executive Director (Ag.)
Belize Social Investment Fund
Belize, Central America
The sealed envelope containing the Statement of Capability shall include the name and address of the applicant and shall be clearly marked:
“Statement of Capability: Individual Consultant – Consultancy Services to Provide Electrical Designs for the Improvement of Electrical Systems for Four (4) Community Water Supply Systems, Belize
SIF shall not be bound to assign any reason for not selecting any Applicant and will not defray any costs incurred by an Applicant in the preparation and submission of an SoC.