SOCIAL INVESTMENT FUND
Country: Belize Project: BNTF 7, Caribbean Development Bank Grant No.: GA 42/BZE
Project ID: 1509/5/E2 Contract Number: E/B7-02/17 National Competitive Bidding (NCB)
Deadline: May 31, 2017
- The Government of Belize has received funding through the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) towards the cost of Eligible Sub-projects and intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments under the contract for the completion of Kuxlin Ha Government Primary School, Belmopan, Cayo District.
- The Social Investment Fund, a Statutory Corporation, established under the Social Investment Fund Act No. 3 of 1996 and located at Constitution Drive, City of Belmopan, Cayo District, hereby invites tenders from suitably qualified contractors for the construction of the following:The project intends to complete the construction a two (2) storey reinforced concrete building measuring 102’-0” long by 25’-0” wide complete with six (6) classrooms, two (2) male and female students’ bathrooms, (2) male and female teachers’ lavatories, administrative spaces, storage spaces, and an access ramp to accommodate users with diverse abilities. The proposed works include for the following: construction of moveable partition walls and verandah railings; plastering and painting of concrete surfaces; provision and installation of wall and floor tiles; provision and application of an epoxy coating to floor surfaces; provision and installation of windows, doors, and security grilles; provision and installation of electrical components; provision and installation of plumbing components; construction of a sewage disposal system; provision and installation of firefighting equipment; undertaking of site works; and the provision of classroom furniture.Final (Project Site) Destination as specified in BDS: City of Belmopan, Cayo District
- Social Investment Fund now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the construction works in the aforementioned areas.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the CDB’s Guidelines for Procurement, and are open to all bidders from Eligible Member Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Social Investment Fund, Constitution Drive and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the address starting Tuesday, May 2, 2017: Social Investment Fund, 3 Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive, City of Belmopan, Cayo District.
- Qualification requirements include (a) The bidder shall furnish unaudited or audited financial statements of the firm for years 2013, 2014 and 2015 to confirm an average annual turnover of at least BZ$300,000.00; (b) Bidders should have general experience under contracts in the role of contractor, subcontractor, or management contractor for at least the last three (3) years prior to the application submission deadline, with the activity in at least five (5) months in each year; (c) Bidders should have specific experience as a contractor, management contractor, or subcontractor, in at least two (2) contracts within the last six (6) years that have been successful and substantially completed and that are similar to the proposed Works; and (d) others provided in the respective Bidding Documents.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English language may be purchased by interested bidders from the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee BZ$150.00 (One Hundred Fifty Dollars) for each bidding document. The method of payment will be cash only.
- Deadline for bids is at or before 10:00 a.m. on May 31, 2017 at the address below. Bids will be opened at 10:45 a.m. on May 31, 2017 at the Belize Social Investment Fund, 3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive, City of Belmopan, Cayo District in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid Security” of BZ$3,200.00 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency or Bank Guarantee. The bid validity period is 90 days.
- An IMPORTANT Pre-Bid Meeting with interested eligible bidders will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 18, 2017 at the Kuxlin Ha Primary School, City of Belmopan, Cayo District to address any queries that the contractors might have about the bidding documents or the scope of works. Contractors who have bought packages are urged to attend.
- The address referred to above is:
Contact: Attention: Mrs. Therese Arzu
Social Investment Fund
3rd Floor #1902 Constitution Drive
City of Belmopan