BELIZE SOCIAL INVESTMENT FUND
Country: Belize Project: BSIF Loan III: Caribbean Development Bank Loan No.: 25/SFR-OR-BZE Project Id: 1509/8/H2 Contract Number: H/SL3-01/2020 National Competitive Bidding (NCB) Deadline: March 23, 2020
- The Government of Belize has received funding through the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) towards the cost of Eligible Sub-projects and intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments under the contract for Maria Crawford Health Center Construction, Crooked Tree Village, Belize District, Belize.
- The Social Investment Fund, a Statutory Corporation, established under the Social Investment Fund Act No. 3 of 1996 and located at Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District, hereby invites tenders from suitably qualified contractors for the construction of the following:
The contract proposes to:
The project intends to complete the construction of a two (2) storey reinforced concrete building with a floor interior area of approximately 4,500 ft2. The first floor of the structure will serve as a doctor’s and nurse’s living quarters, while the ground floor will serve as a health facility providing medical services to the community.
The structure is equipped with a reinforced concrete foundation and a reinforced concrete ground floor slab. Column and beam frames are to be constructed of reinforced concrete, while the building is to be enclosed with walls of reinforced concrete masonry units. The first-floor slab and the roof structures are to be constructed of reinforced concrete. All internal and external walls are to be painted with institutional grade paint. The restrooms floor and wall surfaces will be finished with ceramic tiles while all other interior and exterior floors are to have a concrete finish as specified. The contract will include for the installation of interior and exterior metal doors designed with vision panels, where applicable, based on the level of clinical requirement. Louvered windows, constructed of aluminum with painted finish, will be installed on exterior walls. Storage cabinets, as needed per space, will also be provided through this contract. Provisions for the installation of electrical, plumbing, water supply and waste water systems, in accordance with the regulations of the respective authorities, will be adhered to accordingly.
Final (Project Site) Destination as specified in BDS: Maria Crawford Health Center Construction, Crooked Tree Village, Belize District, Belize
3. Social Investment Fund now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the construction works in the aforementioned areas.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the CDB’s Guidelines for Procurement (January 2006), and are open to all bidders of countries eligible for procurement under European Investment Bank funded projects which includes CDB member countries.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Social Investment Fund, #1902 Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. starting Wednesday, February 19, 2020: Social Investment Fund, 3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District.
- Qualification requirements include (a) The bidder shall furnish unaudited or audited financial statements of the firm for years 2016, 2017 and 2018 to confirm an average annual turnover of at least BZ$650,000.00 (b) Bidders should have general experience under contracts in the role of contractor, subcontractor, or management contractor for at least the last three (3) years prior to the application submission deadline, with activity of at least five (5) months in each year (c) Bidders should have specific experience as a contractor, management contractor, or subcontractor, in less than or equal to two (2) contracts, each of minimum value BZD$325,000.00 but with total value of all contracts equal or more than BZD$650,000.00, that have successfully and substantially completed within the last ten (10) years, and that are similar to the proposed Works (d) a demonstrable cash flow (including access to credit) of BZ$45,000.00 of which not more than BZ$20,000.00 can be credit for materials (e) others provided in the respective Bidding Documents.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English language may be purchased by interested bidders from the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee BZ$150.00 (One Hundred Fifty Dollars) for each bidding document. The method of payment will be cash only.
- Deadline for bids is at or before 10:00am, March 23, 2020 at the address below. Bids will be opened at 10:45am, March 23, 2020 at the Social Investment Fund, 3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid Security” of BZ$8,000.00 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency or Bank Guarantee. The bid validity period is 90 days.
- A Pre-bid meeting with interested eligible bidders will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, March 5, 2020 at Crooked Tree Health Center Compound, Crooked Tree Village. Belize District, Belize to address any queries that contractors may have about the bidding documents or the scope of works. Contractors who have bought packages are urged to attend.
- The address referred to above is:
Contact: Ms. Ruby Pascascio
Senior Procurement Officer
Social Investment Fund
3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive
Belmopan Cayo District