REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Belize Climate Resilient Infrastructure Project
Loan No.: 8416-BZ
Assignment Title: Supervision for the Rehabilitation of Vista Del Mar Junction and Miles 8.5 to 24.5 of the Philip Goldson Highway, Belize District, Belize
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): C15/BZ-SIF-123787-CS-QCBS
The Government of Belize has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Climate Resilient Infrastructure Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include supervision & management of civil works for the rehabilitation of the Philip Goldson Highway Mile 8.5 to 24.5, Ladyville to Gardenia (including Vista del Mar Junction).
The Belize Social Investment Fund (BSIF) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- at least 10-year experience in supervision of rehabilitation and/or construction of highway and bridge infrastructure with climate resilience considerations and in accordance with terms and conditions of contracts financed by International Financing Institutions (“IFIs”) such as the World Bank, the Caribbean Development Bans, Inter-American Development Bank, etc.;
- at least 10-year experience in supervision of rehabilitation and/or construction of highway and bridge infrastructure in accordance with provisions of Environmental and Social Management Plans, Contractors’ Environmental, Social, Health and Safety and Management Strategies and Implementation Plans meeting IFI’s requirements;
- at least two (2) completed projects on preparation and/or review of detailed design bid documents for, and supervision of, rehabilitation and/or construction of highway and reinforced concrete composite bridge infrastructure.;
- at least two (2) completed projects within the last 10 years regarding, the design of and/or the supervision of, the use the chip-and-seal technology as the primary pavement surface for the referenced projects;
- at least 10-year experience in carrying out Stage 3 Road Safety Audit, with particular reference to Federal Highway Administration Road Safety Audit Guidelines;
- experience in assisting implementing agencies with evaluation of bids for rehabilitation and/or construction of highway and bridge infrastructure with climate resilience considerations in accordance with IFIs’ procurement guidelines;
- experience in Belize and/or other countries in the region with similar climate conditions as Belize;
- a quality and environment management system established by the Consultants in accordance with internationally recognized standards, e.g. ISO9001, ISO14001, is highly desirable.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (“Consultant Guidelines”) dated January 2011, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. Consultants should indicate the form of the association (joint-venture or sub-consultancy; member in charge; other member(s) and/or sub-consultants).
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality- and Cost-Based Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours Monday – Friday 08:00 a.m. – 04:00 p.m. (Belize time).
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 11:00am (Belize time) on August 21, 2019.
The Procurement Officer
Climate Resilient Infrastructure Project
Belize Social Investment Fund
3rd Floor, 1902 Constitution Drive
Belmopan, Cayo District