Belize Social Investment Fund
The Belize Social Investment Fund (BSIF) is a quasi-governmental body that was established by the Government of Belize (GOB) in 1996 with the passage of the Social Investment Fund Act. The BSIF is designed to contribute to the reduction of poverty in both urban and rural areas through the delivery of small-scale community sub-projects under various sectors including: water and sanitation, health, economic infrastructure, education, social services and organizational strengthening. The BSIF assists poor local communities in identifying community issues and in deciding which interventions they need as solutions.
BSIF is seeking to recruit an individual to fill the position of OFFICE MANAGER.
- The Office Manager is responsible to coordinate and manage all office operations, inclusive of human resource management, for the head office and both satellite offices, which are located in Punta Gorda Town, Toledo District and Corozal Town, Corozal District.
Qualifications & Experience:
The applicant shall have practical experience as an office manager and staff supervisor; shall be skilled in human resources management; shall be skilled in asset management; and shall have excellent communication and writing skills.
- Required Qualification:
Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Human Resource Management or equivalent field.
· Required Experience:
At least five (5) years of experience as a Human Resource Manager partaking in asset management and supervisory duties of a minimum of twenty (20) staff. In possession of at least two (2) recent positive references from one’s immediate supervisor at the time. Experience working with international funding agencies and fluent with the English language.
- The ability to demonstrate professionalism in fulfilling the requirements of the The ability to effectively manage one’s time in a situation of competing demands so as to meet deadlines. The ability to supervise and monitor staff including conflict resolution. The ability to work on own initiative without direct supervision.
- Computer literacy with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Office Manager will be responsible for all HR and office activities as required by the institution. With specific responsibilities to include the following:
- Support the Executive Director in the effective and efficient administration of the organization.
- Manage the administration unit in its day to day operation.
- Ensure compliance to internal control norms in administration.
- Perform Human Resource duties relating to personnel matters in accordance with BSIF’s Operational Manual, Board and Management approvals.
- Countersign Cheque payments for BSIF projects and operational expenses.
- Ensure compliance of budget account expenditures for BSIF operational.
- Manage the vehicle fleet of BSIF. Ensure proper operation and maintenance of vehicles of the organization.
- Manage logistics, accommodation, and assist in travel arrangements of projects personnel.
- Procure office supplies, equipment, and furnishings and maintain fixed assets.
- Maintain the upkeep of all BSIF Offices.
- Maintain current contracts for insurance coverage for BSIF assets and staff.
- Supervise the maintenance of the Registry unit.
- Assist the Public Relations Officer with public relations and visibility.
- Assist with all BSIF’s data Backup.
- Recommend to the Executive Director Office and HR improvement strategies for the smooth running of the office affairs.
- Perform duties of a Recording Secretary to the Board of Directors, to work under the auspices of the Secretary of the Board in fulfilling the secretarial functions of that post. Includes Agenda, Record Minutes, prepare Board Papers relating to the Administration Unit, issue results of the Board Meeting.
- Prepare monthly status reports to the Executive
Supervisor: Executive Director, Belize Social Investment Fund
Proposed Salary: Negotiable based on qualification and experience. The successful candidate will be employed on a full time contractual basis and stationed at BSIF’s Office in Belmopan. The initial contract period shall be two (2) years, extendable by mutual agreement in accordance with prevailing Belize legislation as well as results of his/her performance appraisal.
Work Station: The Office Manager will be station at the BSIF Office in Belmopan but will be required to travel to Punta Gorda and Corozal Offices to carry out supervision.
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications: Thursday, August 8th, 2019 at 3:00pm
Kindly submit One (1) original and one (1) hard copy of Curriculum Vitae, complete with cover letter, copies of degree/certificates, etc. to: