BELIZE SOCIAL INVESTMENT FUND
Country: Belize Project: BNTF 9: Caribbean Development Grant – GA61/BZE Project ID: 1509/9/E1 Contract Number: E/B9-04/2020 National Competitive Bidding (NCB) Deadline: August 17, 2020
- The Government of Belize has received funding through the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) towards the cost of Eligible Sub-projects and intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments under the contract for St Michael RC Primary School Fence Construction, Belmopan, Cayo District, Belize.
- The Social Investment Fund, a Statutory Corporation, established under the Social Investment Fund Act No. 3 of 1996 and located at Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District, hereby invites tenders from suitably qualified contractors for the construction of the following:
The contract proposes to:
Construction of a 6-feet high perimeter chain link fence, with a total length of approximately 1, 600 feet, complete with 2 pedestrian access gates and 1 vehicular access gate.
Final (Project Site) Destination as specified in BDS: St Michael RC Primary School, Belmopan, Cayo District, Belize
- Social Investment Fund now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the construction works in the aforementioned areas.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the CDB’s Guidelines for Procurement (January 2006), and are open to all bidders who are legally incorporated or otherwise organized in, and have their principal place of business in an eligible country. Eligible countries are member countries of CDB.
- Qualification requirements include (a) The bidder shall furnish unaudited or audited financial statements of the firm for years 2016, 2017 and 2018 to confirm an average annual turnover of at least BZ$ 200,000.00 (b) Bidders should have general experience under contracts in the role of contractor, subcontractor, or management contractor for the years 2017, 2018 and 2019 and, with activity of at least five (5) months in each year of the requested years. (c) Bidders should have specific experience as a contractor, management contractor, or subcontractor, in less than or equal to two (2) contracts, each of minimum value BZ$100,000.00 but with total value of all contracts equal or more than BZ$200,000.00, that have been successfully and substantially completed between the years 2009 – 2019, and that are similar to the proposed Works. (d) demonstrate cash flow (including access to credit) of BZ$34,000.00 of which not more than BZ$10,000.00 can be credit for materials (e) others provided in the respective Bidding Documents.
- Electronic Bid document can be shared with interested Bidder at the first address below, from July 20, 2020, on week days between 8:00 a.m and 4:30 p.m. A complete set of Bidding documents can be purchased by interested bidder upon payment of a non-refundable fee of BZD$150.00. Requests may be made by personal application or in writing to the first address below. Written applications must be clearly marked: “Tender for St Michael RC Primary School Fence Construction, Belmopan, Cayo District, Belize”. The method of payment will be by Manager’s Cheque or cash deposited to, or Bank transfer to BSIF’s Bank Account. Applicants who request that document be forwarded to them must submit an account number from a local courier agent that accepts freight collect charges. The document will be promptly dispatched, but under no circumstance will BSIF be held responsible for late delivery, loss or damage to the document.
- Deadline for bids is at or before 10:00am, August 17, 2020 at the address below. Bids will be opened at 10:15am, August, 17, 2020 at the Social Investment Fund, 3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive, Belmopan, Cayo District in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid Security” of BZ$2,000.00 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency or Bank Guarantee. The bid validity period is 90 days.
- A Pre-bid meeting with interested eligible bidders will be held at 10:00 a.m on Thursday, August 5, 2020 at St Michael RC Primary School, Belmopan, Cayo District, Belize to address any queries that contractors may have about the bidding documents or the scope of works. Contractors who have bought packages are urged to attend.
- The address referred to above is:
Contact: Mrs. Therese Arzu
Social Investment Fund
3rd Floor, #1902 Constitution Drive
Belmopan Cayo District
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, cc: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org