REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Belize Climate Resilient Infrastructure Project
Loan No.: 8416-BZ
Assignment Title: C14: Detailed design for the Rehabilitation of Vista Del Mar Junction and Miles 8.5 to 24.5 of the Philip Goldson Highway, Belize District, Belize
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): BZ-SIF-82586-CS-QCBS
The Government of Belize has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Climate Resilient Infrastructure Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include detailed design for the rehabilitation of Vista Del Mar Junction and Miles 8.5 to 24.5 of the Philip Goldson Highway, Belize District, Belize.
The Belize Social Investment Fund (BSIF) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- at least 10-year experience in design of highway and bridge infrastructure and hydrological and hydraulic modelling, with climate resilience considerations;
- at least 5-year experience in traffic planning, drainage planning, and the Environmental and Social Management Plan preparation;
- experience in preparation of the bidding documents using the Master Bidding Documents for Procurement of Works;
- experience in Belize and/or other countries in the region affected by weather events similar to Belize;
- a quality and environment management system established by the Consultants in accordance with internationally recognized standards, e.g. ISO9001, ISO14001, is highly desirable.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (“Consultant Guidelines”) dated January 2011, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. Consultants should indicate the form of the association (joint-venture or sub-consultancy; member in charge; other member(s) and/or sub consultants).
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality- and Cost-Based Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours Monday – Friday 08:00 a.m. – 04:00 p.m. (Belize time).
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 11:00am on November 8, 2018.
The Procurement Officer
Climate Resilient Infrastructure Project
Belize Social Investment Fund
3rd Floor, 1902 Constitution Drive
Belmopan, Cayo District